SMART BRAKE Technology is invented in Norway, designed to meet the roughest and steepest conditions. Originally, the wireless brakes were developed for sports equipment such as rollerskis and skates. However, we quickly discovered that a soft and easily accessible brake controller provides significant value for users with reduced handgrip strength and body mobility.
Thus, over the last couple of years, our development team have focused their efforts on designing SMART BRAKE for mobility equipment, such as wheelchairs, trikes and handcycles. Our aim is to provide millions of disabled children, adults and elderly with a safer and easier accessible brake solution, tailored to their specific needs.
Our technology has already received several awards for innovative design and are developed together with research partners from leading universities and healthcare institutions.
Developing electronic, wireless brakes involved a broad range of competencies, from product design, mechanic engineering, advanced materials, software programming and biometrics. Issues to be solved are balance, weight, brake force calibration, wireless communication (BLE and RF), as well as user interaction.
Development and testing are operated in our own design studio and test facilities in Norway. Together with our partner network, we can quickly adapt the technology to new applications, with prototypes ready in days.
We have filed several patent applications for the unique technology, including a series of possible smart applications arising from the electronic platform developed. Our vision is simple; we will enable more people to roll anywhere – steeper, faster, but safer.
Head of Design
- 20 years experience from Industrial / Automotive Design
- Winner of several design awards
- MSc in Transport Design, San Fran, US
CEO, Business Dev.
- Partner in Arkwright Norway
- 22 years exp. in mgmt. consulting
- MSc in Strategy/Finance, Norwegian Business School
Bernt Otto Hauglin
- Former Technical Director in Rottefella, Norwegian sports tech
- 40+ years experience within intl’ sports industry and IPR advisory
Head of Prod. Dev.
- F-16 Fighter Aircraft mechanic and operation planner, AIM Norway
- Educated within machine engineering, CAD and 3D
- Industrial Designer and Certified Electrician
- Responsible for product documentation and TÜV standards
Ana Maria Danielsen
Sales / Product Advisor
- Occupational therapist, NTNU
- 4 years experience from rehab and mobility equipment in Norwegian municipalities
- MD, JJ Innovation AS, broad experience from prod.dev./IoT
- Responsible for software development of SMART MOVE
Svein-Thomas S. Olsen
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering (siv.ing), NTNU
- 8 years experience from NDT inspection, subsea engineering
- 20 years experience from mechanics and product development. Owner and developer of sports tech collection, Italy
- Head of assembly and testing
- 30 years experience from mechanics, CNC operation from various industries
Jørund Buen, co-founder of Differ Group and Point Carbon
Tom Arne Solhaug, CEO in Servi Group, founder of Krabat
Marianne Vanem, Occupational Therapist, Stiftelsen CatoSenteret