Cutting the wire raises the obvious question – is it safe to use a wireless brake? We make no compromise on safety;
- SMART BRAKE has been continuously developed and tested over more than 8 years
- SMART BRAKE has been used by consumers in more than 20 markets worldwide since 2015.
- Fail-safe measures are integrated into the solution, to provide added safety
SMART BRAKE has built-in automatic safety brake in case of battery shortage or signal failure.
- Low battery: Less than 15% remaining
- Signal failure: Signal between brake unit and controller lost, either by distance or interference of radio signal
Activation of Fail-safe
- Brake automatically activated until full stop/wheel lock. The Brake cycle last 4 seconds, providing a controlled stop
- Brake lights will flash every 2 seconds to signal activation of the safety brake
- The light signal inside the screw cap on the brake unit indicates cause:
Red = Low battery on the brake unit
Yellow = Low battery on the control
Blue = Signal failure
IMPORTANT! Fail-safe is not meant to cancel out all risk factors. Users shall always ensure having alternative brake solutions available and operable on any activity.