SMART BRAKE can be controlled by a brake trigger activated with the tip of your finger. The wireless trigger / thumb brake provides easy and soft activation of both active brake and parking, with less than 10% of normal hand force.
• Active brake by pushing the lever/trigger. The braking force follows the lever movement.
• Parking brake is activated by triggering the lever four times in a row within 5 seconds. To deactivate the parking brake, squeeze the lever once.
NOTE: If you have pressed the lever 4 times in a row, but the parking brake is not activated, wait 5 seconds and try again. You have probably triggered the lever more than 4 times in the 5-second interval.
The brake trigger activates the safety brake (Fail-safe) on the brake unit in case of lost signal (failure or out of range) When the signal is resumed, the braking cycle ends so that the wheels are no longer locked. The safety brake ensures that the attendant always has contact with the brakes in every situation. Note: The brake trigger is similar in format to the brake control of the RollerSafe roller ski, but the controls cannot be used interchangeably.
• Battery capacity <25%: Red flashing light every ten seconds
• Battery capacity <15%: Fail-safe is activated, brake unit lights up yellow on the side of the charging port
• Parking brake: Red flashing light every four seconds
• Lost contact with the brake unit: Red and green light when triggering
• Contact with brake unit: Green light when triggering
• Battery: CR2032
• Battery life: One year
• Fits 16mm pipes.
Tip, use some tape on the handlebars for pipes under 16mm, so that the control fits well.