Light signals for battery capacity more than 25%
|Unit||USB-light||Green||Flashes every 1,5 seconds|
Light signals for a battery capacity between 25% and 15%
|Unit||USB- & Brake light||Red||Flashes every 10 seconds|
|Lever||Red||Flashes every 10 seconds|
|Trigger||Red||Flashes every 10 seconds|
|Hand control||Red||Flashes every 10 seconds|
NOTE: Only the remote or brake unit that has a battery level between 25% and 15% will signal.
Action: Charge when you come home. Recommended charging all components. At least the one that signifies low battery.
Light signals for a battery capacity of less than 15%. This activates Fail-Safe
|Unit||USB- & Brake light||None or Yellow*||Flashes every 10 seconds|
|Lever||Red||Flashes every other seconds|
|Trigger||Red||Flashes every other seconds|
|Hand control||Red||Flashes every other seconds|
- If a remote has a battery level under 15%, this remote will activate fail-safe on both the master and slave brake unit(s). The remote flashes red every other second and the brake unit(s) flashes with its brake lights and the light beside the USB lights yellow.
- If the slave brake unit has a battery level under 15%, only this unit will activate fail-safe. It will flash with the brake lights every other second and the light beside the USB will not light.
- If the master brake unit has a battery level under 15%, both this unit and the slave unit will activate fail-safe. It will flash with the brake lights every other second and the light beside the USB will not light.
Action: Turn off both brake units by holding in the activation button on both units until a red light accrues inside the screw cap. Do one brake unit at a time. When the brake unit is deactivated, it releases the pressure on the brake so that the wheels move freely. SMART BRAKE is now deactivated and can not be used until it gets charged. It is recommended to charge all components.
Signal failure more than two seconds between a remote and master brake unit activates fail-safe
Flashes every other seconds
|Hand control||Red||When activated|
- The brake lever in a circuit without other remotes activates fail-safe in case of signal failure.
- The brake lever in a circuit with other remotes does not activate fail-safe in case of signal failure.
Signal failure between master and slave brake units
A Slave Unit who loses contact with the Master unit will not activate fail-safe.
Action: In case a slave loses contact with the master unit, re-synchronize it by setting the master unit in synchronization mode: Hold the activation button on the master brake unit until a yellow light accrues inside the screw cap. The brake light will now illuminate constantly. Then hold the activation button on the slave brake unit until a purple light accrues inside the screw cap (ca 13 seconds). The brake light at the master brake unit will disappear when both units are connected. Turn on both units by pressing the activation button on both units once.
Regain signal after failure
A remote that loses contact activates fail-safe. The fail-safe sequence will automatically be deactivated when the remote regain contact with the brake unit.
Remote sleep mode
After 60 minutes of inactivity, both the brake unit (s) and the control (s) go into power save mode (standby).
- To “wake” the brake unit(s) push the activation button on (both) unit(s) once.
- To “wake” the remote(s): Trigger the brake button/lever. This step needs to be done after the unit(s) has been activated.
NOTE: Fail-Safe will be activated after sleep mode if not all controls are awakened.
- Activate both brake units with one push at the unit(s) activation button.
- The controls have been inactive for 60 minutes and go into sleep mode to save battery. In this mode, they do not send out signals, so the brake units think it is a fault, and activate Fail-Safe.
- The lever control is activated by squeezing the lever once. The brake lights illuminate when receiving a signal.
- The brake units go back into Fail-Safe because it knows that there is another control on the system that has not been awaked.
- Activating the second brake control interrupts the safety brake and the SMART BRAKE is ready for use.